- Counseling / College & Career Center
- Advanced Placement
- Career & College Grade Level Planning
- Counseling Staff Directory
- Enrollment & Registration (8th - 12th)
- Course Information
- Graduation Requirements & College Planning
- Parenting Resources & Challenge Success
- Teen Wellness
- Request a Transcript
- Request a Letter of Recommendation
- College & Career Center
Welcome to the ORHS Counseling Department!
What do Counselors do?
- Making appropriate decisions relative to educational and vocational objectives, school programs, and relationships with teachers, administrators, and other pupils.
- Work with students to develop competencies in the areas of educational, personal, and vocational development.
- Through individual and group presentations, help students select appropriate courses, plan for post-secondary education or training required to reach their career goals.
- All students are connected to a comprehensive system of support services, activities and opportunities at Oak Ridge or within the community that can help them to achieve their goals.
Counseling Office Hours : Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 4:00pmClosed when school is not in session (i.e. Thanksgiving Break, Winter Break, etc.)
Contact the Counseling Office Secretary: 916-933-6980, ext. 3050
Schedule a MeetingStop by the Counseling Office to speak with one of our Counseling Office Secretaries. Not sure if you need an meeting? Contact your Counselor; Click Here
Class SchedulesStudents can login to Aeries to view their schedule. Schedule change request forms are no longer being accepted. If you have concerns about your current schedule or wish to plan for next year, please reach out to your Counselor.
contact your Counselor directly. The Wellness Center staff may be reached using the following email address, or, you may use the following general telephone number to access the Wellness Center: (530) 280-2009 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Algebra 1 Challenge Exam
This exam is for students who wish to test out of Algebra 1 and accelerate into Geometry as a freshman. In order to do so, the student must demonstrate competence in topics covered in a full year Algebra 1 course. Students who would like to take the challenge exam need to complete two tasks. One, read the information flyer on this process at this link. Two, sign up for the exam at this link. The deadline to sign up is July 21st. The exam is on Thursday, July 28th from 10:00AM to 12:00. Students need to check in to the main office at 9:45AM. This is the only testing time that is offered.
Where can I find more resources?
- Please utilize the navigational buttons on the left for more information, or contact our office.
- Grade level planning
- College and career planning
- Scholarship information
- Upcoming events